Friday, June 19, 2015

Food Network Friday

So here I sit, at work, watching tv.  Yep, watching tv.  LOL.  The channel of choice lately, and well anytime really, is Food Network.  I LOVE cooking and if I can't cook, why not watch someone else do it??  *insert Fangirl scream* 

There are quite a few shows that I like and a couple that I don't.  I think I connect most with Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman and Rachel Ray.  Both of these shows really speak to me.  Rachel creates good food fast and Ree makes the downhome cooking I grew up eating. 

Lately I've been trying to eat healthy and instill good eating habits in my family, so I'm looking forward to taking some of these recipes and making them a touch healthier.  Replacing oil with applesauce or avocado in sweets or as simple as replacing white potatoes with sweet potatoes and convincing my hubby the won't kill him. 

So I leave you with a little tidbit of ridiculousness I saw this morning.  It's a clip from The Barefoot Contessa.  While I don't mind her show, it's not my favorite.  Today after slaving over decadent food to feed a crowd, Ina was seranaded by friends around a piano.  While the idea of hanging out with good friends and good food appeals to me, the setting and words of the song made me roll my eyes.  Click here to see the video via Youtube.  It's not my video, just a link. 

Until next time... sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments put a smile on my face... make me smile!! :D